Latest post Wed, Aug 14 2019 7:32 AM by derDoyle. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:13 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,607
    • Points 223,200
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Media Composer 2018.12.7 Available 8.8.19

Media Composer 2018.12.7 Avialable 8.8.19

As part of Avid’s Long Term Maintenance Release commitment, Media Composer 2018.12.7 launched today, Thursday August 8. 2019.

Location at Launch: The Updates to Media Composer 2018.12.7 ( Mac and Win ) is available from the Avid Download Center (login and password required) only. The Download Center is accessible via the MyAvid Master Account.

Status of Support Plan:  The ability to launch this Media Composer 2018.12.7 software is dependent on the status of your Upgrade and Support Plan on the date this software version is released.  

Changed in Media Composer 2018.12.7:  The following has changed with this release.

-  Simplified Installer - A change has been made to the Installer to remove an install menu window. When you download Media Composer v2018.12.7, simply double-click Install Media Composer.exe to install Media Composer. 

-  Open I/O NDI Plug-In - In previous releases, the Open NDI Plug-In was automatically installed when you installed Media Composer.  With this release, you have the option to install or not during the install process.  For details on this plug-in, see “Support for NewTek NDI Video over IP” in the Media Composer Help. 

Fixes:  there are a lot of fixes in this release.   See attached ReadMe 

Enjoy all of you on the old UI.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 14 2019 7:32 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Points 1,305

Re: Media Composer 2018.12.7 Available 8.8.19

Hello,

it seems to be that 

•  

Bug Number: MCCET-3004. In the previous release, you could not use the patch installer if you were using a non-English locale.

is not fixed with the new Open I/O NDI Plug-In Installer.

I have some german friends on PC wich are getting an error. It roughly translates to

The help string Open I/O NDI for the DlgTitle control in the EnterpriseAdminConfig dialog box does not contain a delimiter.

I seems to be affecting the Full Installer also.

I can't reproduce this on Mac but I thought I just pass on the information.

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller