Latest post Sun, Jul 28 2019 7:59 PM by dmehalik. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 28 2019 7:59 PM

• dmehalik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 10 2015
    • Posts 21
    • Points 255

Keyboard Shortcuts- Why only "shift" modifier

Ok, I'm really not trying to start an NLE fight.  But I'm wondering if anyone knows why Avid doesn't integrate shift/option/command into keyboard programmability... and also the numeric keypad?  I know absolutely nothing about how software is designed, but I can't imagine why they haven't incorporated that functionality at this point unless it's impossible because of the original architecture of the software?  After using Avid for over 20 years, I was forced to move over to Premiere when I went freelance (as most of my freelance jobs demanded it).  I programmed my Premiere keyboard shortcuts to mimic Avid's, but then I found a wealth of so much more because in Premiere you can pretty much program using any combination of modifiers, which opens up a ton of possibilities.).  After the release of MC 2019, I decided it was time to re-open Avid and make sure I kept my Avid skills sharp.  I find myself wanting to program some of my new-found Premiere shortcuts in Avid, but it's impossible without using macro software... and even that is limited.  All this to say, does anyone know why Avid is limited in this way?... and if so, is the same reason behind the lack of blending modes in Avid (Overlay/Add/Difference/ etc)? 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller