Latest post Fri, Jul 12 2019 8:49 PM by Jon Ross. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:14 PM

• Jon Ross
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 17 2014
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

2019.6 - Nesting a bin in a different "super bin" then it defaults to.

Hi all, I'm not sure what the "New" bin is called, but I love that I can open two bins and then drag one of them to the bottom "highlighted" quadrant and it will put one above the other.  My problems is, I can't for the life of me figure out what AVID is doing with which bins go to the top and which go to the bottom.  Everytime I try to drag one from the top to the bottom window it floats it or makes it a whole new SUPERBIN tab (if that's what they call it).  Is there an alt key to press if you want to just add a bin to the Tabs in another "superbin"

I've got basically Project & Favorite Effects Bins on the top section and all my Broll and Music on the bottom.  When I double click another music bin, it automatically ads it to the top and it's driving me crazy.  I've looked for any tutorials but I feel like it's so simple no one made a tutorial for it, and I'm just missing somethign obvious.  I expected the seating and floating of bins to work like anything else, Chrome, Premiere.  I get how to put it to the Top/Bottom/Left or Right, I just can't figure out how to nest it in the tabs.  

Thanks

• Fri, Jul 12 2019 8:49 PM In reply to

• Jon Ross
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 17 2014
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

Re: 2019.6 - Nesting a bin in a different "super bin" then it defaults to.

I believe I've solved it... first it's called "Container Bin".

2nd, you need to highlight the "container" area you want the bin to go and when you double click to open it will put it in there.  The catch that was throwing me off is when you click the name of the bin in the tab to what I thought was "Selecting" the bin it wouldn't work.  But if you click on a clip within the bin and highlight it, then that Container is officially selected.  Kinda weird, not sure if it's supposed to work that way, or if that's just one of the small bugs they need to work out.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller