Latest post Fri, Jul 12 2019 9:01 PM by Jon Ross. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 12 2019 3:08 PM

• Jon Ross
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 17 2014
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

Stops playing when I set in/out points

Hey all, I just upgraded from many years on 8.4 to 2019.6.  I'm noticing that when I scrub through my footage and mark an in or out point the playback stops, (it's a minor irritation but it's driving me crazy).  Is that a setting somewhere that I just can't find?  Anyone know where to turn that back to the old way so I can mark my clips on the fly in doubletime.

• Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:31 PM In reply to

Re: Stops playing when I set in/out points

Just to double-check, did you create new user settings for 2019.6? If not, try that. New user settings are required for this version, and using old ones can cause weird behavior.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:43 PM In reply to

• Jon Ross
    • Not Ranked
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

It created a new user profile when I installed, but i imported my old keyboard settings but that was all, and then I modified it a bit.  I could try rebuilding my keyboard settings from scratch but that would be a bit of an undertaking.  I'd first have to write it out to a document or something before I blew it away, to then try and rebuild it.

As I suspected, it's not all the time that the In/Out stops playback.  I just went to try and change the keyboard settings and before I changed it I noticed it's not stopping playback when I set the points.  But open up a new clip and it does, then jump around a bit and it doesn't.  WTF avid?

So I guess this is an actual bug, not a settings toggle somewhere.

• Fri, Jul 12 2019 9:01 PM In reply to

• Jon Ross
    • Not Ranked
    • Denver, CO
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

I've noticed it's somewhat clip specific, but also not constant.  Certain clips from certain bins will stop playing when I set points, while others will work fine.  

I had a drone shot that has no audio in the clip, it's played fine and let me set in/out without stopping but as I type this it is now stopping everytime I set an In or Out.  I'm not sure when this swtiched but it was a few hours ago when it was letting me set In/Out points.

I've got a bin of B-roll that is open in the 3rd BIN CONTAINER (on the bottom of 3 rows) When I play any clip in this bin it stops everytime I set a in/out point.  I moved the bin from the Bottom container to the Middle container and now every clip in the bin plays fine without stopping on in/outs.  All these shots have 1video 4audio tracks. (so it's not just clips without audio or vice-versa)

So far the edit sequence will always play through in/outs.

So far any grouped clip will always play through in/outs.

Toggling a clip to source/record view it as timeline has no effect when it's either working or not working.

I'm assuming this is a version 2019 glitch?  Anyone else having these issues? Anyone have any ideas what's causing this?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller