Latest post Tue, Jun 25 2019 5:32 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 25 2019 4:03 PM

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 93
    • Points 1,150

Media Composer 2019.6 - Effect Handling

Please add a button in all effects that lets you choose to include all layers below of just the layer in which the effect is added to (current layer).  It is rediculous that you are so limited in the creative proccess because your effects tend to effect all layer below (backrounds). I cant animate an object and then move it around without moving the backround!  I have a basketball which I want to grab from a scene and make it go through the hoop in the backround.  I can isolate the ball but if I move it, the backround moves with it. You need to bring your effect handling to more usefull standards.  This is a big reason why people get turned off by your system, when a simple procedure is soo complicated!

Suggestion!

When applying an effect to a clip, only manipulate that clip!  LEAVE THE LAYERS BELOW ALONE!

When applying an effect to a clip to filler, MANIPULATE THE LAYERS BELOW!

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 25 2019 5:32 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 2019.6 - Effect Handling

This is the forum for suggestions about the forum. The one for feature requests for Media Composer is here:

Avid Pro Video & Film Feature Requests Forum

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller