Latest post Wed, Mar 6 2019 1:41 AM by jaygon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 28 2019 9:28 PM

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 58
    • Points 805

Trouble with grouped clips

Hi,

I have two clips grouped by timecode. I know they're grouped as I can see the new file with '.grp' in filename. But when I try to step between them (previously done with the keyboard arrows) I just get the apple clunk sound as if the key stroke doesn't work. The result being that I can't toggle between the grouped clips at all.

I suspect it's something simple but I've been scratching around with no success. Any ideas? I double checked the arrow key stroke mapping (which I haven't ever changed from the default). I'm not infront of my Avid computer but from memory it was 'step in/out'

Thanks

Macbook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM OS 10.12.6 Avid Media Composer 8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 1 2019 7:57 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,142
    • Points 12,925

Re: Trouble with grouped clips

There’s no group file as such it’s just a pointer to source files & in recent versions (2018.12.x) group clips can be edited post creation - which may have introduced inconsistencies.

What version are you using? 

Are you trying to switch cams in source window or timeline?

if timeline:

Do you have the correct video track selected for switching ?

Go to multicam mode (shift&control or command&L) - does it show 2 cams?

Or right click on clip in timeline- does it show 2 sources?

if source:

enable multiviewer - does it show 2 cameras?

maybe that you are trying to switch at a point in group clip where there is only 1 camera 

• Fri, Mar 1 2019 10:35 AM In reply to

• Cutyes
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 14 2012
    • Berlin
    • Posts 64
    • Points 865

jaygon:
    it was 'step in/out

Is it really step in/out? Because that wouldn't be the command for switching a group clip. Are you on an updated system or did you recently create your user setting from scratch? The commands you need are "previous in group" and/or "next in group". (The icon is a ladder with an up/down arrow. See command palette, MultiCam section.) I think (not sure though) they used to be mapped to the arrow keys (up/down) in older versions but they are not anymore in newer versions. Maybe that caused confusion?

• Sat, Mar 2 2019 1:50 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 566
    • Points 7,250

Cutyes:
    you need are "previous in group" and/or "next in group".

Yep, Cutyes is correct.

They look like this

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 6 2019 1:41 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 58
    • Points 805

Thanks Cutyes and Bruno, this was exactly the problem!

Macbook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM OS 10.12.6 Avid Media Composer 8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller