Latest post Wed, Mar 20 2019 5:55 PM by joe@846rock.com. 48 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 5:09 PM In reply to

• DJFio[DB]
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 3 2005
    • Moscow Russia
    • Posts 275
    • Points 3,655

Re: set your media files location

camoscato:

Isaac T.:

shchoona1:
    i will even waste my time arguing with people who think that final cut x is a legitimate tool for studios.

If you're game, start a new thread. Let's do this.

No, let's don't. ;)

%facepalm%

my zoo: NEXIS Pro 40 tb sw v18.6.1; MBPro_late_2013 15'' i7 16GBram OSX 10.12.6 MC 2018.12.1 BMD US monitor (or AJA io XT ), EXT thunderbolt NvidiaGPU... [view my complete system specs]

DJFio[DB]

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 5:19 PM In reply to

shchoona1:

no!

thats not the point at all

lets leave it like this.

thanks agin

Well, you're not being very constructive. We tend to try and educate each other here. Your experience and workflow needs may actually help others. So far, unfortunately, it is completely unclear to any of us how you would want it to work in your workflow, and why.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 27 2019 5:22 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:
    vote to make yourself heard, the vote is there to assess which functionality is most wanted by the end users.

P.S.: Vote here: https://www.avid.com/avidcustomerassociation/vote

Powers that be assure us that whatever features are voted in, will be implemented at some point.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 20 2019 5:55 PM In reply to

The AVID DS had a good solution (among many) that worked with local and shared storage.  When a project was created you selected a read/write workspace and on your first write a unique folder was created in the AVID MediaFiles/MXF structure.  All captures and renders for only that project were sent there.  Media Composers continued to use thier 1,2,3,etc folders and DS's used thier unique ID'd folders, all on the same indexed storage system.  It was EASY to collect everyting for a project to move or archive. 

It seems odd that MC still throws everthing into one big swimming pool when the solution has already been proven in one of their own (discontinued) projects.

joe

Page 4 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller