Latest post Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:56 AM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 15 2019 12:27 AM

• Eric
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Canada
    • Posts 561
    • Points 6,400

Exception: The sequence or one of its.... POP UP FROM HELL!!

For starters, in all my years using this site, why is it so hard to search for a specific line such as the above?

I would get a per word query which to me shows how bad this websites search engine works.

Now enough of that.

I did a search for this error and cant seem to find  a fix:

Exception: The sequence or one of its source elements is too long to be played.

Such an odd one and I am running 2018.10.x on a Mac Pro High Sierra.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Apple OS X 10.13.6 MC 2018.10.0 Avid Arist I/O [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 15 2019 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: Exception: The sequence or one of its.... POP UP FROM HELL!!

Eric:

For starters, in all my years using this site, why is it so hard to search for a specific line such as the above?

I would get a per word query which to me shows how bad this websites search engine works.

I agree. The only workaround I've found is to use Google, adding the words avid and community to whatever search term you're trying to find. This usually returns good results from the forum.

I hope that helps, and I'm sorry I don't know anything about your sequence length error.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Feb 15 2019 9:56 AM In reply to

Re: Exception: The sequence or one of its.... POP UP FROM HELL!!

My normal troubleshooting steps would be:

Re boot computer

New user setting

New project (and then copy that bin in)

Mark an In and out at each end of sequence and copy that to a new sequence

Try turning off (or deleting in a copy sequence) tracks one at a time to isolate the track

Divide the sequence up to locate the problematic clip or section.

And searching the site is hiopeless. Use google as mentioned.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller