Latest post Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:44 PM by Evgeni Schmidt. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 29 2018 2:37 PM

Exception: what:ACF call failed: pContainer2.... line 150 error

Hi, 

Since yesterday I have an error that keeps popping up (in attachment).

I've found an earlier post of someone that has this issue too, but with a different line number at the end (103).

This message pops up after 3 or 4 minutes when editing on the timeline with AMA linked Long GOP footage (1080p and 4K mixed media). Most of the time when closing the effect mode.

After that I have to restart the application because I can't edit anymore. Record screen turns black and scrubbing the timeline gives no image either.

I have a Dell Precision 7820, Windows 10, 64GB RAM, QuadroFX P4000, dual processor Intel Xeon Gold 6136 3,00GHz, Thunderbolt 3 pcie (with Lacie 6big hdd) as media drive. 

I consolidated the sequence but did not help.

I updated to avid media composer 2018,11 but did not help either.

Hopefully there is a fix for it because it's driving me crazy ;-)

Grtz, Jochen

• Mon, Dec 3 2018 9:56 AM In reply to

Re: Exception: what:ACF call failed: pContainer2.... line 150 error

Hi all, 

Is there anyone else who experienced this error?

Could it be the AMA linked footage? I experience this problem only with 1 project. All footage is AMA linked, and the error pops up after a few minutes. 

Hopefully there is an answer to it. Where do I have to look for a solution?

Grtz, Jochen

• Mon, Dec 3 2018 3:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Did you transcode the media ?    You do need to transcode, the  footage may be very heavy to handle and a tanscode first would help.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:01 PM In reply to

Hi! Same problem for me. when I select all the files and transcode tham it gives an error. One file without problems. 

But its it work with QT ama link

• Mon, Dec 3 2018 4:26 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna, thanks for replying me!

I consolidated the sequence (to save time) but the error message keeps on coming back. A month ago I had a much older workstation, single processor (5yo) and I had good experiences with ama linked footage.

Now I got a very new one (dual processor), nvme ssd drives and this error message keeps on popping up. Do you think I should ALWAYS transcode this kind of footage (long gop h264 4k movs), even with a very powerful workstation? And is Avid warning me because it is too heavy to edit or do you think there is something else going wrong?

Jochen

• Mon, Dec 3 2018 10:02 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 464
    • Points 5,460

Yes, you should always transcode Long gop H264, no question :)

there is no machine on this earth that does this well with AMA.

the only warning you get is sluggishness.

MC 8.4.4 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX 1070... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 5 2018 4:43 PM In reply to

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I know about the transcoding of that particular footage, especially in 4K. But, this post is all about the error I get when I try to work with the AMA linked footage. With a much older workstation I never had this problem, this error. When I'm only viewing the footage via AMA (and that is also important that this works, for every kind of footage) I'm getting this error after a few minutes scrubbing the timeline. But, I think I found what is causing this error...

Today I had to work with an imported project from a collegue, he edited a sequence with ama linked long gop footage, in HD. He edited this without a problem on his laptop. (the footage was not transcoded but that is not causing this error, besides that his laptop was a little bit slower at times, but this is absolutely normal)... I imported this on my workstation and the exact same problem occured!

But I saw the footage was linked in the Source Browser via the Avid Generic Plug-in. When I switched to the Quicktime Plug-in, which is way older I think, the error didn't pop up anymore! 

Is it possible that the Avid Generic Plug-in is causing this error?? I'm now editing for a few hours without a glitch... 

Hopefully this may be a solution for anyone who has this kind of problem/error.

Grtz, Jochen

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 4:54 PM In reply to

Hi Evgeni,

I didn't see your reply, but I think you had the solution!

When I'm mounting the footage with the QT plug-in the error didn't popup anymore.

Strange not? Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Grtz, Jochen

• Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:44 PM In reply to

for now i dont have a solution, just link via QT plug-in. Reinstal 3 times and 3 differents windows, clean avid, no plugins -  same problems! i Think maybe this is memory or something else. i didnt find the answer on the web, find just one post same problem, but on MAC.

Strange if i select few files and transcode them its work, but if i select all files in bin, after 10-15 files its stop and give the error.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller