Latest post Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:04 PM by R.Wilko. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 13 2018 12:21 PM

• R.Wilko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 12 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Pro tools first won't start Assertion error

Hello.
    I just downloaded Pro tools first as it was bundled with the focusrite 2i2 i bought, 
    however whenever I start Pro tools it comes up with an error and closes immediately afterwards. 
    This is the error:
     Could not complete your request because Assertion in "D:\ Code\ 223093\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 851.(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.). 
    I have tried to hold N on startup to get to the playback engine however this just causes the software to crash. 
    I'm using windows 10. Any help on the situation would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
  • Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:20 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,729
    • Points 19,035
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Pro tools first won't start Assertion error

Hi  

This is the Video Pro Community, for Audio related issue please go to the DUC.

You can also email me include the PT systems ID I will connect you to our PT team.

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:04 PM In reply to

• R.Wilko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 12 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Re: Pro tools first won't start Assertion error

Thank you for your quick reply but I've managed to solve the issue by downloading the oldest possible version of ptf I could find, apparently the software actually works on that one! i just hope updating it wont stop it working again. thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller