Latest post Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:23 AM by Jannik C. Altgen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 5 2018 2:36 PM

Avid Media Files - Renaming for Archive?

Dear Colleagues,

I'm new to this forum and rather inexperienced using Media Composer. I've edited a few shorts on Avid but that was a few years ago. My recent experience with Avid is mostly doing exports for grading / administering an ISIS. Now I'm charged with prepping an old project for archive, coming up with many issues in the course:

1) our archive solution requires us to conform to strict filename specs, which are violated by the thousands by our Avid Media Files (yes, the source clips were in violation too, but I can't change that now). Is there a way for me to rename / relink all this media? When I tried I just got errors.

2) is there a neat way to remove unused media assets from a project? I'm aware of the Media Tool but I don't want to permanently remove the files I just don't want them linked in a cleaned-up, consolidated project.

I realize theses are very basic things and I'm almost embarassed to ask. I've done heaps of editing on Premiere Pro and the concepts are just so different.

Thanks for any help you want to offer.

Cheers,

Jannik

• Thu, Nov 8 2018 10:23 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Media Files - Renaming for Archive?

anyone have anything on this? I've since learned that it should be possible to do this by matching metadata, clip length and TC but I'm still unsure how to actually do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller