Latest post Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:55 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 3 2018 2:02 PM

• Sean L
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 3 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Copy and past clips from track to track issue

Simple question here. Im trying to copy and paste a clip from one track to another, copied the clip and armed the video and audio tracks I want to paste to but instead the clip is pasted to the same track its already on. What am I missing?

Any help apprecciated

S

• Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Copy and past clips from track to track issue

Hi,

Media Composer isn't good at copy/paste editing. If you want to copy material in the sequence for use somewhere else in the sequence, here's what I'd suggest:

1. Mark in/out around the stuff you want to copy.

2. Press ALT+c

Now the material you marked in step 1 is loaded into the source monitor, and you can edit it into the sequence wherever you like.

I know that's not exactly how you want to do what you're trying to do, but that's how I'd get there.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller