Latest post Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:02 PM by jimdog. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:02 PM

• jimdog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 28 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

missing video

I'm using Media Composer First v2018.3.0.  I created a sequence with one track of video.  Wanted to make an alternate version so created a duplicate and started working in the duplicate.  At one point the picture for the entire video track disappeared from the record monitor yet the clips were still visible in the timeline.  I must have clicked on something but don't know what?  The monitor for v1 in the timeline is on.  I noticed that the clip names in the timeline are now in italics (in the original sequence the clip names are not in italics).  So I thought maybe I had muted the video 1 track.  Right clicking reveals that mute and unmute are greyed out so that is apparently not the problem.  I did a match frame of one of the clips and that put the source media in the source monitor and I could see that.  So I recut this back into the sequence but it also is not visible.  So this seems to indicate to me that the track is muted or turned off somehow.  Also my media is linked not imported.  And when I look at the original sequence I do not have this problem, track 1 picture is visible in the record monitor.  While I have only made a few changes in the duplicate sequence it was easy to recreate this duplicated sequence from scratch and work around the problem (and am doing that) but I would still like to know the solution so I won't do this again.  Thanks very much.  I'm using a MacBook Pro, mid 2014, OS v10.13.6, 2.5GHz i7, 16GB ram

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller