Latest post Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:01 PM by Telegram!. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 11 2018 4:39 PM

• iliagin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 17 2017
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Renaming clip on the timeline

Hi,

is there any way to rename clips (shots) on the timeline? I mean I've some shots that are taken from the same original clip so they have the same name... So is there anyway to rename those shots on the sequence itself without creating subclips (and changing the name in the bin itself)?

Thanks!

• Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: Renaming clip on the timeline

iliagin:

Hi,

is there any way to rename clips (shots) on the timeline? I mean I've some shots that are taken from the same original clip so they have the same name... So is there anyway to rename those shots on the sequence itself without creating subclips (and changing the name in the bin itself)?

Thanks!

Have you looked at "Timeline Clip Notes"? I'm on v2018.4 and this was the first time I tried it:

Started by going to the Timeline lower-left FAST Menu, and in CLIP TEXT, I enabled TIMELINE CLIP NOTES.

Then found a timeline clip and Red-Segment highlighted it, which only then showed or enabled ADD TIMELINE CLIP NOTE...

in the Timeline's Right-Click context menu ( & also in main TIMELINE Menu) and from there, opened a Text box to type in.

I can now see my custom text in that timeline clip.

I was able to use FIND tool to locate the Timeline clip containg a Clip Note word that I used. Double-clicking that FIND result moved the timeline Blue position bar, but It landed off by one second, parked on previous timeline clip. (v2018.4)

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller