Latest post Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:20 PM by Ssnygg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 6 2018 3:39 PM

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 333
    • Points 3,995

2018.9 Won't let me start program. Card not listed on unsupported list.

I have an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 trying to use MC 2018.9.  I get the error message 

"Current GPU display driver is unsupported for NVIDIA Qadro 4000

Found driver version 377.83

Last supported version 353.82

Please install driver and restart."

and then it only gives me the choice to Quit - no choice to take my chances.

I went the to the DisqualifiedGpuBoard file at C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\SupportingFiles\Config\DisqualifiedGpuBoards.txt and saw that avid does NOT support 353.82 and the Quadro 4000 is not listed as an unsupported card, so I can't make changes to the doc as a workaround and take my chances.   So what file is there that is saying that my card doesn't work?  Things were wroking just fine a few months ago. (2018.4)

Ideas?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:10 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,328
    • Points 60,150
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: 2018.9 Won't let me start program. Card not listed on unsupported list.

Have you upgraded the video driver since "a few months ago?" Have you tried going back to 353.82?

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:16 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,156
    • Points 23,140

Adman is right. it is looking for the older driver on program start up . There was a work oround on that a few versions ago  I dont remember which one maybe some one could chime in on that one...

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:00 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 333
    • Points 3,995

I tried to go back to 353.82, but that won't work on anything past windows7
    As for the workaround, a few versions of avid ago, they used to have a txt file that basically listed approved cards and drivers.  If you edited the file, you could continue to edit at your own risk.  However, now they switched to a disqualified card and driver list, and you would theoretically remove your card from that list (as others on this forum have done in versions slightly older than 2018.9)   My card is not listed in the TXT file and the file says that any driver before 377.11 is disqualified.

I did not update the driver since "a few months ago" but back then, I was working with 2018.4.  I think a windows 10 autoupdate caused my video clips to all crash within avid when I tried playing them, so I updated to 2018.9

Ideas?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:34 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,328
    • Points 60,150
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

In the future I would always have Windows autoupdate turned off. Then only update after you have checked on compatibility.  I have escalated this issue to Avid. In the meantime, I would try going back to the older version of Avid.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:20 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 333
    • Points 3,995

Yeah, in older versions of windows, you could just shut down, but in the current version of Windows 10, you only have the options of "update and shutdown" and "update and restart".   But after your note, I did a quick search and it appears there are workarounds if you plan ahead.  So.. yeah... I wish I knew that before :(

Any ideas on what I can do from where I am?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller