Latest post Thu, Oct 4 2018 1:52 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 29 2018 7:48 PM

Avid Not Properly Passing HDR Metadata

Hello, I have a GH5 HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) file. When I place it into DaVinci Resolve, there is a setting in the application that allows you to *pass* HDR metadata via HDMI so I can monitor it on a Sony HDR 4K TV. I have the Blackmagic 12G Decklink 4K card. When ticking this option, I can see the HLG difference. I have a Sony HDR 4K TV - when turning it off it looks flat but then turning it on (from the software setting of Resolve) it looks amazing.

Unfortunately, when I tried to do this on Avid, it looks like Avid is not passing the HDR metadata via the HDMI output. Is there a feature on the Avid that allows you to do this? Using MC 2018 latest version.

Thank you so much :)

• Thu, Oct 4 2018 4:57 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,582
    • Points 65,470

Re: Avid Not Properly Passing HDR Metadata

If You link and transcode, have a look at the clip's source settings before transcoding, and see if there's a lifesaver option over there. Don't know if that will work with GH5 HLG files, but I'd give that a try.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Oct 4 2018 1:52 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Not Properly Passing HDR Metadata

Apparently with AJA hardware you can manually configure the IO to work and word is Avid will pass it along in a future release.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller