Latest post Sat, Sep 29 2018 10:06 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 29 2018 7:32 AM

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 498
    • Points 6,370

select all clips in timeline with same name

I hope I am explaining this right. I have a clip I did some CC work on. I have the same footage scattered throughout my timeline I would like to add this effect to. Is it possible to select all the clips in the timeline by clip name, color, or same source and then add the effect to it? Or do I have to go through the timeline and find each clip, select it and then add the effect?"

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 11:14 AM In reply to

Re: select all clips in timeline with same name

dew:
    Is it possible to select all the clips in the timeline by clip name, color, or same source and then add the effect to it?

If you have the Symphony option, then yes you can do this.

dew:
    Or do I have to go through the timeline and find each clip, select it and then add the effect?

If you do not have the Symphony option, then you'll have to do it individually.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 4:37 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 498
    • Points 6,370

Ok thanks for the info. My renewal is in Dec. I will decide then if I will add the symphony option 

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 10:06 PM In reply to

FYI, there's a deal on until tomorrow. If you renew your license now you can add Symphony for $99 (it's regularly $750).

More info here: https://www.avid.com/special-offers/mc-renewal-with-symphony

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller