Latest post Mon, Oct 1 2018 9:42 AM by Pat Horridge. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 28 2018 1:14 PM

DPP delivery for HD ITV

Hi there,

I finally got an ad cleared by Clearcast and i now need to prepare it for delivery to ITV HD AD spec.

Normally it would be an external company but it has landed on me and i'm a little in the dark. 

Can anyone advise a workfllow or template for this? 

best

Chris

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: DPP delivery for HD ITV

DO you have a copy of the delivery spec for ITV? If so that should have what you need detailed. If you don't you need that urgently.

dpp-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/specs/itv/HDCommercialsSponsorshipMaterialStandardITV.pdf

But not sure if this is the current spec.

Its an AS-11 file delivery so hopefully you are ok with making and AS-11 from MC. They may require an AQC pass certificate of the final AS-11 as well.

If your really stuck I do one to one training for online editors that covers these elements of delivery.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 10:16 AM In reply to

Hi,

Yep i have a copy of the delivery spec. Forgive me but i'm a Premiere pro user in the main. However i realised that Avid was a better bet so i bought it and im trying to fuddle my way though.

I have the ident number from clearcast

http://dpp-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/specs/itv/HDCommercialsSponsorshipMaterialStandardITV.pdf

The mov file was created in premiere pro and rendered out with the animation codec (so lossless). The actual ad is 20 secs long but i have added 5 seconds onto the end so it is 25 secs long. In Avid i need to add my ident plate (no clock/countdown required) for 7 secs, then blank and silent for 3 secs, the the SOM is 10 secs.

If you could help me here then great or if you think a one to one would be better then please contact me and we can talk.

very best

chris

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 3:42 PM In reply to

Premiere can output AS-11 so there's little point jumping to Avid just for that.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

-

• Sat, Sep 29 2018 3:55 PM In reply to

It can however i cannot find a workflow that meets the DPP metadata app criteria.

In Avid i have done the following;

Added the mov file
    Added ident plate for 7 secs 

I have the TC set at 09:59:30:00

Nothing for 20 secs
    Clock/ident starts at 09:59:50:00

Runs for 7 secs

Blank and silence for 3 secs

Start of material at 10:00:00:00 (actual material ends at 10:00:00:00 due to 5 sec hold on end)

On the material i have a span from 10:00:00:00 to 10:00:20:01 this is labelled as Part 1 of 1

This validates using the DPP.

Any advice on this would be most welcome.

best

Chris

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 11:54 AM In reply to

Is the span marker (duration) supossed to be 1 frame longer? For AS-11 deliveries you add an in point at 10:00:00:00 and an out pouint on the last frame of active content so 10:00:19:24 then create a span marker.

Then export to AMA file. choose AS-11 choose the UK HD shim. enter all the required metadata (has the content been PSE tested and did it pass because you will need that infor including what PSE software and version)

Set location for export and export. Then run throught he DPP metadata app to confirm valid.

Where are you based Chris?

-

• Sun, Sep 30 2018 12:15 PM In reply to

Thanks Pat. I'm based in Sunderland/Durham area.

Yep i've now gotten that far. To the point where it passed the DPP validaion test. A couple of questions if i may?

ITV require the metadata in a seperate XML file and not to be baked into the MXF is this an option? 

Would i still need to add filler of 20 secs at the start from 09:59:30:00 or do i start it from 09:59:50:00 with the ident slate?
    and then the active content starts from 10:00:00:00. Becasue if i do this then it fails the DPP test. So im assuming i need the Line up to be from 09:59:30:00 and have something displayed for 20 secs but i'm not sure what.

Sorry for my ignorance in this however it is slowly sinking in.

best

Chris

• Mon, Oct 1 2018 9:42 AM In reply to

I believe the TC has to start at 09:59:30:00 so you will need filler. Normally this would be 100% EBU bars and EBU tone upto the ident slate.

If you open the final MXF in the DPP meta data app you can on the finish tab export you have the option to generate a sidecar XML.

(sent you a Linkedin Invite)

-

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller