Latest post Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:37 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:55 AM

Avid error line 616

Hello,

I am having issues with an Avid system. (Ultimate licence)

Upon booting up media composer there is a pop up message "assertion failed: mob....Line: 612" or sometimes "Line: 616". I have attached a screenshot of the error message. The error seems to occur at random, but has been consistent for the past week. Temporary fixes for the issue have been to: restart CPU, eject external hard drive, rebuild the media database files in the "1" folder.

The system is a Mac trash can OS 10.13.2, the error has occurred with MC version 2018.9 and 8.9.4. We are working locally with an external hard drive. DNxHD115 media.

We tried downgrading to version 2018.1 and Avid wouldnt even open. 

Can you please let us know if you have any advice on how to solve this error. And please let me know if you need any more information from me about it.

• Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:37 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,893
    • Points 214,140
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid error line 616

Alice

Corrupt pmr and mdb files can cause this.

Narrow down which drives contain the problem files and delete the msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb files in those folders. Also, check the Avid_MediaFiles folder in the Supporting Files folder.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller