Latest post Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:06 PM by Marty. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 17 2018 4:44 AM

• fantafly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

PhraseFind - how to turn it off?

Hello

I am about to start a new long format documentary. Since I am now working on a 2018 MacBook pro I have no choice but to use the latest version.

The new PhraseFind feature may be amazing but is of no use to me as all my 140 hrs of footage is in local Tibetan dialects. 

As it stands, PhraseFind insists on scanning all the footage in the project, thus hogging the processor for days and creating hundreds of useless .pat files. I can disable search, but then I have NO search functionality whatsoever in Avid.

Surely, there must be a way of separately disabling PhraseFind without sacrificing normal search???

There is no conclusive information on this anywhere on the avid website. Only references to the old phrasefind, which you were able to separately disable in the Application Manager. Anyone else out there frustrated by this? 

I am about to renew my subscription (currently on trial version), but before I pay I need to know if there is a way to disable PhraseFind.

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Mon, Sep 17 2018 6:08 AM In reply to

Re: PhraseFind - how to turn it off?

You can still deactivate it in Application Manager.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 17 2018 6:20 AM In reply to

• fantafly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Many thanks for the reply.

At the moment (in trial mode) there is no such option in the Application Manager.

Does this mean it becomes an option once the subscription is activated?

Cheers

• Mon, Sep 17 2018 2:07 PM In reply to

Did you purchase PhraseFind at some point? It's not included by default, but perhaps is with the trial.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:06 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 913
    • Points 10,620

I'm not sure but I think you can disable the indexing when you open the search function and then the settings (buttom left).

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 2018.2, OSX 10.12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller