Latest post Thu, Oct 11 2018 6:40 PM by Marianna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:49 PM

• sbohn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 14 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Cannot launch MC First, gets "Unable to retrieve entitlement data"

I would like to try out the Media Composer First version 2018.09, so I installed it on my windows 10, 64 bit PC.

However when I launch it (after signing on via Application Manager) I get:

"Unable to retrieve entitlement data".

• Sat, Sep 15 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,728
    • Points 19,005
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Cannot launch MC First, gets "Unable to retrieve entitlement data"

Hi sbohn,

Be sure you are signed in to AppMan with the same email address you use to register MC|First, I have seen user who login to AppMan with the different email address used to register MC|First resulting to no entitlement data. Also, try  Uncheck Data Collection in AppMan Preferences you can find this in the sign in the dropdown.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 16 2018 4:19 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,947
    • Points 214,860
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

sbohn,

are you still stuck?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Sep 16 2018 7:20 PM In reply to

• sbohn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi Marianna,

I need to install again first and try.

But I'm sure I used the same email since I only got one master account user (email) same as I used for Protools.

Br

Søren

• Mon, Sep 17 2018 5:58 AM In reply to

• sbohn
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi RalphC,

When I logon to my master account, it lists Media Composer First as "Perpetual Product".

What does that mean ?

Br

Søren

• Mon, Sep 17 2018 2:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,947
    • Points 214,860
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Soren

That means you can continue to use it indefinately .... as we update the software you will receive upgrades to the free version.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 10 2018 8:35 PM In reply to

• RickWilson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 10 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

marianna,

i think this is the best thread for my question. I have both composer 2018.9 and first 2018.9. I decided to install First prior to MC.

I am able to launch and run fin, but want to do the work without a connection to the internet. I do have and activation ID for MC but not sure why First doesn’t have one, therefore I am unable to go to the indirect activation site to complete. Am I missing something or will I always be required to have the computer connected to the internet?

I am not ready to activate the complete version of MC, until I get my computer built to the correct specs for the application to run and can install it once and not try to figure out how to swap it to a new computer.

1 – how to I get an activation ID for First?

2 – how do I get the application to load without connecting to master account?

3 – can MC first function without connecting to the internet?

• Thu, Oct 11 2018 6:40 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,947
    • Points 214,860
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

RickWilson:

marianna,

i think this is the best thread for my question. I have both composer 2018.9 and first 2018.9. I decided to install First prior to MC.

I am able to launch and run fin, but want to do the work without a connection to the internet. I do have and activation ID for MC but not sure why First doesn’t have one, therefore I am unable to go to the indirect activation site to complete. Am I missing something or will I always be required to have the computer connected to the internet?

I am not ready to activate the complete version of MC, until I get my computer built to the correct specs for the application to run and can install it once and not try to figure out how to swap it to a new computer.

Rick,

First does not use an activation - you log in to MyAvid via Appman.

Yiu can not. You must have a MyAvid account

If you can’t log into your MyAvid Account via Application Manager, this also means you won’t be able to run Media Composer First so you are spot on there.....   however, if you connected to the internet and are already logged in - then disconnect the internet, but dont close MC First as Application Manager caches the entitlements Media Composer First uses to launch.

No limit of days here as well, if you reconnect to the internet, it will automatically upload the projects on the cloud storage.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller