Latest post Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:00 PM by dlogneb. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 2:23 PM

• dlogneb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2014
    • Posts 30
    • Points 295

script-sync "find script" not working

I'm sort of scratching my head on this one.  I don't think it's a specific version bug as it has happened to me on a variety of versions – but all on this one project.   It has to do with the "Find Script" button which returns you from the composer window to the script.  This feature is amazingly useful to me – when it works.

The problem is thus:  I have a script-synced transcript.  I click on the script to load a chunk of footage in the source monitor and cut it into a timeline.  

Now if I try to match-frame and find-bin from the timeline, I just get a "bonk" sound.   For almost, or possibly all, my scripts.

Another way to put it is that I can "find script" only when the source monitor has been loaded by clicking on the script.

For example if I have "interview 01" and I load it into the source monitor from the script, I can match back to the script from any point in the clip in the source monitor.  But if I cut it into a timeline and then try to match-frame and find-script it won't work.  To be clear it will be the same clip (I can match back to the bin from the source monitor and I get the same clip as if I used the script).

I will note that I have always had this problem with a few scripts here and there, but not enough to bother me.  I guess now that it's endemic on my current project I'm curious to know how Avid connects scripts and clips?  Maybe there is something the team on this project did that is causing the problem?  I'd love to solve this.

It is possible this is a 2018.x problem, I'm not sure.  My last project started on Avid version 8.x and 95% of the scripts worked.  But we also worked on 2018.x versions too.   My Current project started on 2018.x and I've been through a few versions – but the script-sync problem has been part of this project from when I started.

Currenlty I'm on 2018.5

Mac Os High Sierra (10.13.2) iMac Pro (2017) 3.2Ghz Intel Xeon W 32 GB 266 Mhz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 19 2018 5:17 PM In reply to

• dlogneb
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 295

Re: script-sync "find script" not working

anyone?

hello?

Mac Os High Sierra (10.13.2) iMac Pro (2017) 3.2Ghz Intel Xeon W 32 GB 266 Mhz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 19 2018 6:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

dlog...

Sorry but it has been a crzy week thus far with IBC and a lot of questions on a LOT of different forums and pages.

I think this was answered on Facebook already.   yes?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:00 PM In reply to

• dlogneb
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 30
    • Points 295

It's allright, no need to apologize.

I don't know what "on facebook" means?   

Is there a forum there?   https://www.facebook.com/Avid/  ?

or maybe, this?  https://www.facebook.com/groups/mediacomposer/?source_id=7635872524

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller