Latest post Wed, Sep 12 2018 3:19 PM by MattMaxson. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:37 PM

• MattMaxson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 28 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Markers disappearing when bins with copies of clips are opened

Quick AVID markers question for y'all... We're working with the clips that are housed in multiple projects... our ingest project set specifically for frame rate and raster and our "edit project" set to 1920x1080, 23.98. I'm going into the ingest project to add metadata to the clips, via ALE, but whenever I open up the bin in the 23.98 project, the locators disappear from there and are never added to the ingest project. Previously, it had done this "correctly" by adding markers rather than deleting. This was worked correctly when we began our project in 8.7, but our post facility upgraded us before we began editing in earnest. I believe this is a bug, but wasn't sure if this was a recorded change in behavior. Or something handled in a setting. Thanks!
    Media Composer 2018.5.0 ScriptSync Option Apple Mac Pro (Early 2009) 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Sep 12 2018 3:19 PM In reply to

• MattMaxson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 28 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Re: Markers disappearing when bins with copies of clips are opened

I think I figured out the solution to this ... while importing the ALE, the import option was set to "Maintain events as logged" rather than "Merge events with known Master Clips." Still, it doesn't feel like when two of the same clip are opened in two separate bins that the blank clip should "overwrite" the markers on the marked clip. But for now, I've found a solution to this.

Media Composer 2018.5.0 ScriptSync Option Apple Mac Pro (Early 2009) 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon, 8 GB RAM Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller