Latest post Fri, Sep 7 2018 9:09 PM by Job ter Burg. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 4 2018 6:03 AM

audio file import problem

Hi Forum

I have two audio files, a left and a right, to become stereo output. When i import the two files - either regular import or drag into bin, it only imports one file, in this case the left. (going my file name)

in the timeline that audio shows does show up as two files (the left - going by the file name) on track A1 and A2       

what's going on?

Best Ulrich

Media Composer 2018.12.1 Mac Pro, late 2013, 2.7 GHZ 12 Core Intel Xeon E5 64 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 memory AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 4 2018 7:22 AM In reply to

Re: audio file import problem

It imports both files but the clip appends the name of the first.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 7 2018 5:50 AM In reply to

so importing it into the bin, it makes two files into one? Why? Is that great? I guess as long as it keeps it stereo     

Media Composer 2018.12.1 Mac Pro, late 2013, 2.7 GHZ 12 Core Intel Xeon E5 64 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 memory AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 7 2018 10:01 AM In reply to

Actually, that is what makes it a 2ch clip, which you can then interpret as either Stereo or Dual Mono. If it would import them separately, they would behave as two non-related clips.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 7 2018 8:28 PM In reply to

alright... i was just surprised that the program would kwow that these two clips belonged together. Maybe it's in the meta data or something. Not a technical expert - obviously .. if i import two individual audio clips. A mono recording of wind, and a mono recording of laughhter - or whaever. it'll be imported as two audio clips. And not merged together as one.

• Fri, Sep 7 2018 9:09 PM In reply to

It’s

not

in the metadata but in the file naming. Which gets recognized if you tick the box that says Auto-Detect monophonce BWAV Groups. Used to only merge files with track numbers, but some time last year or so, th recognition of L/R or LCR etc was added. It was aready present when linking (via source browser).

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller