Latest post Thu, Aug 30 2018 7:26 PM by Vadym. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 29 2018 2:00 PM

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2012
    • Posts 65
    • Points 615

IPWS system attributes - Video vs Current Video Resolution

Hi,

Hoping to find out the difference between the two system attributes returned via IPWS "Video" and "Current Video Resolution".

Which one is guaranteed to match the video format in the AAF retrieved with GetLatest?

Are there circumstances where they don't match?  (maybe deleting a current format?)

Any info is appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Rich Laws

• Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:22 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 208
    • Points 2,565
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: IPWS system attributes - Video vs Current Video Resolution

Current Video Resolution is the attribute set by Video Editing application typically to match the project/relink video format on the last check-in or by Ingest to match the format of ingest.

This is not automatically updated if available resolutions are changed later unless another check-in has been performed.

There is no pre-defined Video attribute so you might be looking into some user created field

• Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:42 PM In reply to

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 65
    • Points 615

Hi Vadym,

Thanks for the quick response! You have confirmed what thought that a check-in is required to change the current format.

Please see attached jpeg for Interplay Access screenshot showing two different System attributes - one "Video" and one "Current Video Resolution".    Can any application create "new" system attributes not defined by Avid with the older AAF toolkit?  maybe that is where these are coming from?  "Video" is not a user attribute in this case.

Rich

• Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:50 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 208
    • Points 2,565
      Avid Employee

I don't see the Video attribute created in my environment. AAF toolkit allows you to create any attribute, so you can try to find what creates those and see if that is updated by MediaComposer check-ins for example.

Thanks

• Wed, Aug 29 2018 11:14 PM In reply to

• Rich Laws
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 65
    • Points 615

Hi Vadym,

This reply is just for your information only.   I was curious why I am seeing the System attribute called "Video" and you aren't so  I looked further with 2 cases thinking maybe AMT2 was doing it... (It's not directly)

Using the IPWS CreateMasterClip method (and doing nothing else), causes that systemattribute to get created.  ("Video").  After we use this to generate a new clip, we use AMT (2) to add media to the clip.   In Visual Studio, I am breaking after CreateMasterCLip (no AMT action yet) and that attribute appears in Access and can be retrieved with GetAttributes.

I can also retrieve it with Access Get/Set Properties (com.avid.workgroup.Property.System.Video).  This is after CreateMasterClip Only.

I looked at what our AutoIngest program does (no AMT2) for XDCAM ingest.  We use the AAF toolkit to check in our own built AAF but it definitely is not adding an attribute called "Video" but it does show up in Access and can be retrieved with IPWS get system attributes (not with default set, need to specifically request).

Not expecting any action, just letting you know that these simple cases create that system attribute.   No editor involved at all.    Curious that you don't see them in Access on your system...    

Rich

• Thu, Aug 30 2018 7:26 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 208
    • Points 2,565
      Avid Employee

Thanks for looking further into it Rich,

So it appears that IPWS call to generate tape based mobs for batch ingests adds it. We are not using it as its quite old method and should not be used for file based mobs. I'm able to reproduce this behavior

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller