Latest post Mon, Aug 20 2018 3:00 PM by hollywoodpost. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 20 2018 3:00 PM

How to nest or collapse audio clips in single track.

Hey all,

With video, one can easily collapse and nest video clips to simplify a sequence and build complex effects.

Is there a way to do this with audio? We often are supplied split stems of a piece of music. Meaning 8-10 stereo tracks. This is so we can manipulate volume, and cut out completely, orchestral sections individually. However, this becomes very cumbersome when one wants to raise/lower volume on all tracks quickly, or shift all tracks around the sequence.

It would be much easier if we could do this via a collapse function function for audio. Have all the tracks inside a single stereo track; step in to modify individual clips; step out to play with the section as a whole.

Pipe dream I'm sure. But I've got a lot of former FCP users that would do this all the time with subsequences. FCP was great for that function...

Avid ACSR; Media Composer, ISIS, EditShare, Mac OS [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller