Latest post Fri, Aug 10 2018 6:09 PM by Marianna. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 6 2018 2:26 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,508
    • Points 209,160
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sorenson Squeeze and Avid - Statement

Everyone....

We have learned recently along with you folks that Sorenson has stopped selling Sorenson Squeeze.  

As many of you know, the Sorenson Website states: 

“We are no longer accepting orders for our Squeeze products and all Squeeze services will be disabled as of September 1, 2018”. 

Avid product team is working to figure out what next steps we need to take with Media Composer and Sorenson Squeeze and I will get back to you in the coming weeks with information once they sort it all out.

Marianna & RalphC

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 6:16 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 490
    • Points 6,250

Re: Sorenson Squeeze and Avid - Statement

Can Avid just make their own encoder please. To much reliance on 3rd party companies.

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 11:01 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,341
    • Points 62,670

Avid should have addressed this back at the time of the death of QuickTime, and I hope they're working on this ever since, but hurry up please! The 32 bit QT libraries are a real bottleneck.

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 11:09 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,107
    • Points 22,655

Bummer I just bought squeeze 11

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:40 AM In reply to

Hello Marianna /Ralph

Actually i had three Squeeze legit keys and I have been trying to download Version 10 no reply and the service is gone now from early August not September 

“We are no longer accepting orders for our Squeeze products and all Squeeze services will be disabled as of September 1, 2018”. 

• Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:40 PM In reply to

• gswilson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 4 2010
    • Belfast, Ireland - now, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    • Posts 298
    • Points 3,895

Rinso Video:

Hello Marianna /Ralph

Actually i had three Squeeze legit keys and I have been trying to download Version 10 no reply and the service is gone now from early August not September 

I posted the download link in reply to your other post on this subject, but here it is again.

Download link for Squeeze versions.

Gerry

MC 2018.7, Win 10 Pro CE, Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, Nvidia GTX 980 GPU(Driver 398.36),Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 9 2018 2:39 PM In reply to

dew:

Can Avid just make their own encoder please. To much reliance on 3rd party companies.

As a producer of local commercials in the greater New York market, I regularly deliver to a half-dozen broadcasters and cable companies.   I often need to deliver the same spot in 2 or 3 different formats, since each broadcaster has different specifications.  My workflow is to export a same-as-source file from MC and then encode the spot to the specific broadcaster's requirements with Squeeze.   

If/when Avid develops a replacement for Squeeze--either their own encoder or a new 3rd party partnership--please make sure the popular broadcast formats are available and adjustable.  MPEG-2, for example, is still the preferred format for commercial insertion with some stations, but it is not a option when exporting directly from MC.  Within MPEG-2, different stations have slightly different bit rate requirements.

I would also be curious to know what the producers of national TV programs use to deliver their shows to the networks?   Are they still exporting and delivering on tape?   Are they using some high-end encoder we local producers don't have access to...or can't afford? 

The demise of Squeeze leaves many questions and perhaps opens up some new opportunities...

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Thu, Aug 9 2018 7:14 PM In reply to

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • los angeles
    • Posts 261
    • Points 3,550

I stopped using Squeeze a long time ago.

My workflow to make web exports is ama file export.

Its insane how fast Media Composer exports this way. my 7940x goes up to 100% ussage.

Then I convert that with Adobe Media Encoder.

If there was something that worked as quickly as AMA file export, but made a web version, it would definitely speed the process up.

diy intel 7840x, asus strix x299-e gaming, w10 (creators 1703) mc 2018.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:10 PM In reply to

• ramz434
    • Not Ranked
    • Long Island
    • Posts 174
    • Points 2,175

cls105:

I stopped using Squeeze a long time ago.

My workflow to make web exports is ama file export.

Im with you cls105 - This has been my workflow for the past yr or so. To deliver a low quality daily (mp4 at 2k mb/s) - I go MXF OP1 to AME - The whole process is insanely fast using AME with this particular workflow. So much quicker than my Squeeze workflow. 

- HP Z400/24gb ram/Windows 10/MC8.9.4/256gb Samsung SSD/ NVidia GTX 1080/HP ZR22 Monitors/ - Macbook Pro/16gb ram/OS 10.13/MC8.9.4/NVIDIA GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 10 2018 6:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,508
    • Points 209,160
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Once we know what is up and what we can do - I will update this post.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller