Latest post Thu, Jun 28 2018 10:59 PM by chapmattman. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 21 2018 11:07 PM

Horizontal scrolling with wheel?

Hi guys-

I'm re-breaking into Media Composer after using it on one project back in the day, so I've got a lot of questions.

Can you set the mouse wheel to scroll horizontally on the timeline as well as vertically?  I'm aware that the CTRL+ALT with the wheel scrolls the playhead, but I'm looking to turbo through the timeline without keystrokes or mouse clicks.

Its a basic feature of the other NLEs, so I assume MC has it.

Many more questions to come!  I'm making a list but this is the most frustrating aspect of my day after moving over from a premiere environment.

Thanks!

Chapman

• Thu, Jun 28 2018 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Horizontal scrolling with wheel?

Hello Chapman

Are you on MAC? If so, then you can buy a magic mouse then you can do horizontal scrolling both in timeline and in bins.

Avid Symphony 2018.8 Dongle Gear: SYSTEM 1 PC, Windows 8.1 Pro Intel Core i7 4771 3.5 GHz 32 GB Ram NVidia Geforce GTX 780 SYSTEM 2 Macbook... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jun 28 2018 10:59 PM In reply to

Re: Horizontal scrolling with wheel?

I'm not on a Mac unfortunately.  Not my choice, it's a pretty big company and they are completely AVID in a Windows environment, so I use a Logitech Performance Mouse MX.  It's an awesome mouse, and in every other editing program (or After Effects, etc), I can scroll horizontally on the timeline.

hopefully AVID makes this simple change to their interface.  I'd like to be able to scroll up and down, and side-to-side.

Chapman

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller