Latest post Sun, Jul 29 2018 10:43 AM by DIESELE. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:46 AM

OK....AVID...you done good.

Gotta say, at $20 a month, matching premiere pro....I find the AVID editing interface easier to use, more intuitive and certainly more conducive to long term editing. 

It just works after a while.  Once its tweaked with the keyboard, etc....it really becomes second nature easily.

So...Titler Pro and Sorenason are gone at $20 a month, leaving only the regular exports and Marquee....

Have you looked at Marquee lately?...3D extruded text with any font...lights, animation...very nice indeed with only the limitation is, it can't go above HD!

Oh sure, Boris and Titler Pro allow video on the faces of fonts, etc...that's another level...but, at $20 a month and add the Media Composer First product out there to become familiar with trimming, slide and slide, alpha files, etc. at no cost at all...very nice and should be easy to get adopted at schools.

In all, I think AVID has a very nice, mature video editor, that has improved, and is impressive.

Thank you.

• Sun, Jun 17 2018 3:51 AM In reply to

Re: OK....AVID...you done good.

BTW...the...limitation of Marquee not showing fonts is easily dealt with, by a free font viewer off to the side.

There are lots...I use the Opcion font viewer app.

• Sun, Jun 17 2018 4:44 AM In reply to

To show how advanced Marquee really was, I stumbled onto a price tag for it, as a standalone with hardware, when it first came out.... $7,595!!

• Sun, Jun 17 2018 5:02 AM In reply to

I do love Boris RED, BTW....such tight integration with MC.  Great titler and a nice compositing upgrade from MC.

• Mon, Jun 18 2018 4:11 PM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2008
    • Cymru/Wales
    • Posts 1,062
    • Points 13,100

I use Marquee a lot - so hard to learn and to edit animations with but its very powerful and its integrated well in Avid.  Need to deliver an UHD project now so have to let it go...  There is no way they will upgarde it to UHD is there - such a shame as its actually resolution indpependent inside too - brilliant for moving UHD stills etc... :(

Symphony 2018.11, Blackmagic Intensity Pro (cant get it working well in 4k though for client monitor - which was the point...), WIN 10 on 2000Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K2000, Asus X99 Mobo, 4.0 GHz Hex core CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10

VIDEO MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANY AND FACILITIES CARDIFF, LONDON, BRISTOL, WALES, CRACKING PRODUCTIONS

• Mon, Jun 18 2018 6:43 PM In reply to

DIESELE:
    brilliant for moving UHD stills etc...

I like that I can use Marquee to export animation files including imported stills (with X,Y, Z Rotations) with an Alpha Channel...

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 18 2018 8:21 PM In reply to

DIESELE:
    I use Marquee a lot - so hard to learn and to edit animations with but its very powerful and its integrated well in Avid. 

I still use Marquee as well.   Too bad Avid didn't continue with it's development.  It's quirky but powerful and way more stable than the New Blue Titler.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Tue, Jun 19 2018 8:02 AM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Cymru/Wales
    • Posts 1,062
    • Points 13,100

I think another option I have would be the Boris CC titler.  Unsure if that does full quality perspective rotates etc mind (rather than doing them afterwards with warp or something where they might degrade).  So much to edit, so little time to fiddle!

My workaround is to edit the UHD project in HD and it does then upscale Marquee titles when you switch to UHD. Need to check how well they survive...

C'mon Avid enable UHD for Marquee - it can do it!!!

Symphony 2018.11, Blackmagic Intensity Pro (cant get it working well in 4k though for client monitor - which was the point...), WIN 10 on 2000Mbps M.2 SSD, Nvidia Quadro K2000, Asus X99 Mobo, 4.0 GHz Hex core CPU, 32Gb 2800 Mhz RAM, WD Black 8Tb RAID10

VIDEO MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANY AND FACILITIES CARDIFF, LONDON, BRISTOL, WALES, CRACKING PRODUCTIONS

• Sun, Jul 29 2018 4:38 AM In reply to

Just checking the various (fifteen, but who's counting?) types of bevels in Marquee, as opposed to one or two styles in boris or titler pro...It really does stand up well with time, this Marquee.

Check out the Neon option....

• Sun, Jul 29 2018 10:43 AM In reply to

• DIESELE
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Cymru/Wales
    • Posts 1,062
    • Points 13,100

Yeah come on Avid make Marquee UHD capable - it IS capable internally as it seems quite res independent.

Took 10 years to learn the b thing - dont make us throw that away!!!

For the record the captions upscale pretty well from HD to UHD but I do feel a little cheap around the edges :( ...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller