Latest post Thu, May 31 2018 5:38 PM by Marianna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 25 2018 5:30 PM

Pro tools First login problem with Personal Avid Account credential

Hello,

I am not sure to be in the right section of the forum.
    I have been a Media Composer user for several time and I have a perpetual license.

I just tried to install Pro tools first but at the start, after I write my Avid login and password as asked by pro tools first, I get this message:
    "Sign-in to Pro Tools was not successful. Please visit Avid.com to learn how you can enable cloud functionality for your account."

Please, do anyone  know how can I solve this issue?
    Thank you

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}

• Fri, May 25 2018 6:21 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,516
    • Points 16,570
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Pro tools First login problem with Personal Avid Account credential

Hello Jacopo,

You're in the wrong Forums we have a dedicated section for the PT|First  on the DUC.

The steps below is part of the FAQ that will be publish soon part of the PT|First common issues.

Now this error means Pro Tools first is not yet activated, or PACE LICENSE Central is not running in the background.
    To activate Pro Tools First, please do the following:
    1. Open iLok License Manager and sign in to your account.
    2. You'll see on the right side the licenses, click and drag the Pro Tools First License to the Computer icon on the left. Screenshots has been attached to guide you further.
    If unable to open iLok License Manager, check the PACE License Services if it's running. To check, go to CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > SERVICES Then look for PACE License Services then start it up. Launch Pro Tools First and see if the same error appears.

Regards,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 25 2018 11:00 PM In reply to

Hello Raph!

Thanks for the answer.
    My account is not linked with ilok. I tried to sign in from my mac but Ilok says “The User ID or Password you entered is incorrect.“.

I also tried to link my account with ilok in "my account" web page, but it says "Such iLok User ID does not exist, is disabled or locked for fraudulent activities. Please check that you have typed it correctly.".

Any advice on how to get the access to ilok?

Thank you in advance

Jacopo Reale

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,516
    • Points 16,570
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Can you pm me the email address you used to register PT|First? I checked your master account I did not find PT|First registered.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 29 2018 1:21 PM In reply to

I didn't register PT First. I downloaded it from "download center" with my Avid Account. 

UPDATE:

From pro tools web page I was able to login with my avid account and linking with Ilok also. Now Pro Tools First has completed my account registration and it is working.

Thanks!

• Thu, May 31 2018 5:38 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,358
    • Points 207,290
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Jacopo

We added the PT First versions to the download center so people with comouters that arent up to snuff can potentially use an older version and get up and running.  No guarantees

but glad you are running now.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller