Latest post Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:45 PM by Russell Anderson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 15 2018 8:21 PM

Insert Edit with Trim-style ripple?

I'm a fan of advanced trimming.  I love how I can keep my music / sfx / dialogue all synced up and still ripple my clips downward.  

Is there any way to insert an edit from the source monitor, but control what clips get pushed?  The same way if I were to trim out a clip, I can select what happens with my sfx/music/VO?  

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, May 16 2018 9:10 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,033
    • Points 11,780

Re: Insert Edit with Trim-style ripple?

I think you want to look at sync locks (forward slashes between source and record tracks).

Those enabled will retain sync downstream of an insert edit, those not enabled will stay at the same point. 

https://splicenow.com/2009/02/16/sync-locks-and-why-you-need-them/ - first link that pops up on a google search

• Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:45 PM In reply to

Re: Insert Edit with Trim-style ripple?

I'm going to make a little video showing what I mean.  It's a little difficult to explain but I'm fairly certain it's not already a feature.

But, right now when you insert an edit, all of the sync-locked tracks push south toward dinner on the timeline.  

When you TRIM, you can select multiple edit points, select A, B, or A/B trim, and you can have different tracks push south at different parts of the timeline, still locking sync on the edit.

I'd like an insert edit mode that performs like this trim mode.  It'd be great if I could select edit points, like a trim, but then INSERT EDIT.

This would prevent me from having to constantly fix and clean up all of my sound effects, music, and comps in complex edits.  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller