Latest post Fri, May 11 2018 5:35 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 10 2018 10:03 PM

Composer not seeing my media

Hi - I have just downloaded Composer First to my MacbookPro. I have used Avid products (newscutter) in the past and wanted to give this free version of the software a go for basic editing.

The download and install was smooth but as soon as I tried to get media into my source browser I had a problem. The browser could see my folder structure but could not see any content in my video folder.

Is there something I have to change in settings?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Simon

• Fri, May 11 2018 12:25 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,336
    • Points 16,425

Re: Composer not seeing my media

What kind of media are you using, and do you have the correct plug-ins installed?

http://www.avid.com/plugins/ama-plugins

• Fri, May 11 2018 3:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,775
    • Points 212,535
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey Simon....

Could you add your system spec's to your profile so we know what OS, MC First version etc. you have ?  Add RAM and Graphic scoop too please.  easier to help when we have the whole picture.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, May 11 2018 3:53 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

Thanks for your help.

I have a Macbook Pro (15" 2017)

2.8 GHZ Intel Core i7 processor

16gb 213e3 MHZ LPDDR3

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 630 1536MB

I hope that helps. I was just playing around last night and wanted to import some videos from my "Phots" folder. I could not find a way to see the media in the folders. Eventually, I managed to get a couple of clips imported from my phone iphone7. Do I need additional plug-ins to see different sourced video material I have stored on the Mac?

All the best

Simon

• Fri, May 11 2018 5:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,775
    • Points 212,535
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi again Simon.

The  first thing here is that the Mac i5 is not approved for any Media Compsoer versions including First   ;(  Not beefy enough.That will cause headaches down the line i just know it esepcially as we release newer versions of First.

Just an FYI

In the Source Browser Window, either import or link the media.

Linking allows you to quickly link to the files without importing, transcoding, or copying them. Once you link to the files, you can immediately drag them to your Timeline and start editing.

Importing will actually import the media files to the bin. (The import process can take longer than linking.)

To link or import the media files:

1. Once you have previewed the clips you want in the Source Browser window, select the Link button if you want to link to them or select the Import button if you want to import the files.

2. Select the clips you want and drag and drop them to the bin. (Ctrl+click or Shift+click to select multiple files.)

If you chose to Import, a Project Properties dialog box appears showing the image size and edit rate of the first clip you are importing to the bin. You can click OK to accept the selected clip size and edit rate, or select another raster size and edit rate from the menus provided to you

If you chose to Link rather than import, the Project Properties dialog box will appear when you drag the first linked clip to the Timeline.

***** You can also import or link clips by selecting them, right clicking and selecting Add to Bin. *****

Does any of this work?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller