Latest post Mon, Apr 16 2018 4:49 PM by Obscure. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:15 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,820

MC Standard no longer usable with Nexis?

Am I reading the FAQ right that I have to upgrade all of my licenses to Media Composer Ultimate to share projects with on existing Nexis Enterprise system?  This can't be right?  I have 20 seats and would now have to pay an additional $4000/year to keep them under support.  I don't need any new features but our projects must be shared.

Is this right?

thanks.

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2018 6:07 AM In reply to

Re: MC Standard no longer usable with Nexis?

What licenses do you currently have? Subscriptions (rentals) or Perpetual licenses (bought)? For the latter, nothing changes. For the former, there is now a cheaper option that does not support shared storage, in addition to the current option, that is now renamed Ultimate.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2018 6:09 PM In reply to

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,820

I have perpetual licenses but am pretty sure I was paying $300/year to keep them up to date. Will keeping the Nexis Ultimate go up to the $500/year per license? That's what I thought I read. Thank you.

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:48 PM In reply to

cable:

I have perpetual licenses but am pretty sure I was paying $300/year to keep them up to date. Will keeping the Nexis Ultimate go up to the $500/year per license? That's what I thought I read. Thank you.

The annual support renewal for perpetual licenses remains unchanged. Same functionality remains included. Nothing changes.

The 200/500 offering concerns subscriptions (rentals).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 16 2018 4:49 PM In reply to

• Obscure
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2018
    • Posts 10
    • Points 120

Out of curiosity, what happens if a project is started in a non-ultimate MC system but then needs to move into a NEXIS environment?

Can I just plug-in an ultimate dongle/license key and then run the project from NEXIS, or do I have to start the project in Ultimate from scratch?

A real-world scenerio would be an offline editor working from home (standalone Media Composer license) who then needs to move to a facility for finishing (using NEXIS/Ultimate)

Thanks in Advance!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller