Latest post Mon, Apr 16 2018 1:30 PM by alimedlej. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 12 2018 7:44 AM

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 12 2018
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Avid Airspeed Classic

Hello , there is an old clip recorded in a airspeed classic, we are urgently in need to export it, we have upgrade our inews systsem to the interplay 3.x and the airspeeds to airspeed 5000. So is there any steps to do in order to get this file.

• Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:36 AM In reply to

• charlie_s
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 1 2017
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Avid Airspeed Classic

If it is just one clip, you can always play the clip on AirSpeed Classis, and record the output on your AirSpeed 5000.

If you have many clips, I can research to find the best way to transfer the media. Let me know how you want to proceed.

• Fri, Apr 13 2018 4:47 AM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hello , thank you for yor reply , yes i have more than one clip.

• Fri, Apr 13 2018 12:35 PM In reply to

• charlie_s
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85
      Avid Employee

Hi Ali, how many clips do you have?  After checking with some other people, it seems that play from AirSpeed Classic, and record on AirSpeed 5000, is probably the best and easier approach.

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 8:48 AM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hello Charlie , i have more than 30 clips , i know its a solution but i don't have a free SDI input in the airspeed. For this i'm searching a solution.

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 12:28 PM In reply to

• charlie_s
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85
      Avid Employee

Another option that has been suggested, if you have Media Composer and/or ISIS/NEXIS - send the clips from your AirSpeed Classic to Media Composer, and then send the clips from Media Composer, with either STP or FTP, to your AirSpeed 5000.

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 12:48 PM In reply to

Hi,

I might be able to help.

You need to setup the airspeed in standalone mode (no interplay or ISIS), install interplay transfer 2.7.5 and the airspeed classic IO Peripherals 2.7.6 on a media composer client and connect the airspeed and that media composer to the same network. There is a 99% chance you will have compatibility issues with your current unsupported version of media composer but it might work.

I have managed to get a windows 7 Media composer 7.0 to work normally with an airspeed classic but that does not mean windows 10 Media composer 8.x, 2017.x or 2018.x will also work but that does not stop you from trying.

So SDI play and rec is your friend.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 1:25 PM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hello , yes i have Media composer vesrions 6 and 7 and 8 , So i convert the airspeed into standalone mode , then using the flight plan i can drag and drop the clip i want , right ?

But the other step is not clear of how can i setup the FTP to the airspeed 5000

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 1:28 PM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hello, i have did a test , the airpeed classic in the standalone mode , i installed interplay transfer manager 2.7 from the interplay server installer , also using the flight plan software i drag and drop clips to the media composer 9.0 , but the problem was that the clips appeared as Media Offline .

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 2:12 PM In reply to

Hi,

alimedlej:
    using the flight plan

Correct. FTP setup on the airspeed 5000 is just a question of user credentials setup in the airspeed 5000 webpage and sending the op-1A mxf files to the airspeed through windows explorer or filezilla cient. If the airspeed 5000 can directly playback the used codec on the classic it should work.

You can also create a generic ftp profile in the local 2.7.5 transfer manager on the media composer and do a send to playback to the airspeed.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 2:15 PM In reply to

alimedlej:
    the clips appeared as Media Offline

You should monitor the transfer process and see if an error appears. I assume you need to configure your local transfer manager correctly for incoming transfers.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 5:35 PM In reply to

• charlie_s
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85
      Avid Employee

What video format and codec was used for these clips?

• Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:42 AM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

• Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:37 PM In reply to

• charlie_s
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85
      Avid Employee

Hi Ali, I think since file / clip transfer is not going smoothly for you, I will go back to my original suggestion, which is SDI play from Classic, record on AirSpeed 5000. I realize this is a low-tech solution, but it is guaranteed to work, and it shouldn't take too much time with just 30 clips.

• Mon, Apr 16 2018 1:30 PM In reply to

• alimedlej
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Hello, yes you are right , but it seems if it will work i will take it as a solution.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller