Latest post Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:24 PM by Telegram!. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 5 2018 3:24 PM

v8.8.4 Avid Pan & Zoom - both Cache choices ghosted

In MC v8.8.4, I have many P&Z FX from large MB files and am starting to experience timeline slowdowns. Perhaps I reached a tipping point.

There is a section in the 2009 Knowledge Base's Advanced Effects Guide called: "Managing Memory with the Avid Pan & Zoom Effect", which describes a variety of options and a hamburger menu....but I think that is somewhat outdated and no longer valid, re memory.

All I see in the v8.8.4 PZ Effect editor is a twirl down arrow for "Cache" and two choices: Free Current Cache, and Free All Caches. They both are both ghosted and do not seem to allow a tick mark to appear in their box. Is that normal?

Is there an up-to-date Pan & Zoom manual available? If so, can someone please post a link...

Also, I want to learn what "Use SubRes in Preview" does and if it will impact my suspected memoy overload.

Thanks!

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller