Latest post Wed, Mar 28 2018 5:21 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 27 2018 9:14 PM

Intro

Hello. I am Jason Dean Layne a.k.a. Blū Ridge Mountains. I'm introducing myself and asking for a hand or friend.

4 years ago I bought this setup from Guitar Center thinking it would be an easy solution to recording Demos and possibly making videos for Demos and my kids. They (my kids) had become a bit more independent which allowed me time to focus on my passion creating music and soundscapes and well once I really began to get into learning Pro Tools it was more difficult than I had imagined. I had only used software like Sonys Acid 9.0 and Fruity Loops etc... So imagine my surprise @ any rate I may sound ignorant and I am, but just wanted to ask if anyone could spare a few moments if and when I stumble across something ( all of it ) I can't grasp or wrap my head around. The reason I boxed everything back up was because my wife and got Prego again with our youngest who now is 3 and beginning to start preschool so again I'm presented with an opportunity to begin this project and hopefully see it through to the end. If anything ever comes from it credit will be given where credit is due. I guess I'm searching for the quickest way to record the music the best way with best settings and so I figured I'd ask. Thanks for reading.

-Jason

• Wed, Mar 28 2018 5:21 AM In reply to

Re: Intro

Hi Jason,

This is the Avid video forum.  For ProTools you need the audio forum, which is here: http://duc.avid.com/

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller