Latest post Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:05 PM by jwbillett. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 24 2018 12:06 AM

• 32David2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 23 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Shared Storage Masterclip Icons missing

In the past my masterclip icons would indicate that the media linked to these clips lived on an ISIS drive by having little lines beneath the masterclip icon. When the ISIS drives were unmounted, these lines would disappear, displaying as a regular master clip, but indicating to me that the media was offline without actually clicking on the clip to check.

I'm on a project now using Media Composer v8.9.1 and ISIS Client Manager v4.7.11.16275. But the clips with media online from the ISIS drives don't have these lines at the bottom indicating that they're online. Is this a setting that can be turned off and on? I would like to be able to see what's online just by looking at the clip icons.

Avid Media Composer v8.6.4 / Mac Pro / OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) / 16GB RAM / 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 22 2018 3:54 PM In reply to

• jwbillett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Re: Shared Storage Masterclip Icons missing

Did you ever find an answer to this? Same thing happened to me. El cap, 8.9.1

• Mon, Oct 22 2018 5:35 PM In reply to

• 32David2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 23 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

I have a strong suspision this was because we were still on an old shared storage (ISIS) but using a newer Media Composer. All the Avids that were linking to media on the newer shared storage client manager (NEXIS) displayed the little lines under the masterclip icons, indicating they were online.

Avid Media Composer v8.6.4 / Mac Pro / OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan) / 16GB RAM / 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 22 2018 7:05 PM In reply to

• jwbillett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Huh, we were on ISIS, but recently moved to NEXIS. But this one machine (out of about 6) still has no "little feet" shared storage icons. Can't figure out why.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller