Latest post Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:44 PM by JacTan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 21 2018 9:11 PM

• JacTan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 9 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

ProRes 444 XQ codec not supported in MC?

Hi All,

I'm helping out with a short film, which was filmed in ProRes 444 XQ.  I'm starting to prep to relink back to the camera files for the color grade and doing some tests but it looks like my only choice is to transcode to ProRes 4444?  Does Media Composer support this new XQ codec?  I'd like to stay with the same codec if possible.

Would my other option be to create an AAF of the AMA linked sequence and bring it into Resolve?  I don't have a lot of experience in this area and never worked with Resolve before.

Working on Avid MC 8.9.3.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Jay

• Thu, Mar 22 2018 2:24 PM In reply to

Re: ProRes 444 XQ codec not supported in MC?

Are you using Resolve for grading? If so, there's no reason to relink. Resolve can do that itself with the AAF you provide.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:44 PM In reply to

• JacTan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 9 2014
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Re: ProRes 444 XQ codec not supported in MC?

We haven't decided on a facility for color grading yet, so not sure if they will be using Resolve.

My original plan was to consolidate the conformed sequence to another drive and creating an AAF from there, only using the clips that are in the sequence.  Since the XQ codec won't allow me to do that, I guess I'll just have to manually copy the relevant camera files to the separate drive and relink the sequence from there?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller