Latest post Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:32 PM by AndrewAction. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 13 2018 8:45 PM

Media Composer 2018.3 NOW AVAILABLE - 13 March 2018

The March release of Media Composer launched Tuesday March 13th, 2018 @ 3:00 PM ET.

The Whats new in 2018.3 documentation is available from this link
    The 2018.3 Readme is available from  this link

Launch Location: This release of Media Composer is available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).  

Version Reminder: The version number scheme Avid uses for the applications changed.   Version numbers will now be use - the year followed by the month.  

IMPORTANT - The Dongle Sentinel driver installer - The Dongle Sentinel driver installer is no longer automatically installed when you install the editing application. The driver is now located in the Avid_Utilities folder (/Applications/Utilities/Avid_Utilities/Sentinel_Driver). If you have a dongle, manually install the driver from this location.   

Installer:  There is a Media Composer Mac and Win Full Installer. 

For this versions fixes see the readme:   (link earlier in this post)

Important Notes: 

Sentinel Error Message (MCDEV-2394) - On a Windows 7 system, if a “Failed to add Sentinel64.cat file.” error appears during the installation, you can safely click OK to continue with the installation. Dongle activation will work properly.

How customers will obtain the March Media Composer 2018 Update:  

1.  Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab also provides a link to download and install the update when desired. 

2.  New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive the update in their Avid Master Account.

3.  Customers on current Update & Support plans can download the Media Composer update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

4.  Customers NOT on a current Update & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update.

• Tue, Mar 13 2018 10:49 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,201
    • Points 38,855

Re: Media Composer 2018.3 NOW AVAILABLE - 13 March 2018

Is it just me or does the link for the Read ME send you to the same doc as the Documentation link?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC 8.5.3 / 8.9.4 | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown" QT 10.0... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:32 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 2018.3 NOW AVAILABLE - 13 March 2018

Why would I make a mistake like that just you Jef?Wink

Fixed now

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller