Latest post Mon, Mar 19 2018 11:51 PM by Alvin_B. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 8 2018 6:11 PM

• MVNYC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 8 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

grouping multiple single cam video clips with one long audio file

I am an AE working on a feature doc. I have some footage from a single cam shoot that has mutliple (25) video clips and one long audio clip (it was shot it a courtroom, the camera was starting and stopping through the day while the external mic was clipped to the judge's bench and recording continuously). There is no matching timecode between audio and video. There is also no time of day timecode for the video.

I've managed to create a sync map sequence to sync the various clips to the long audio track. The editor is now asking if we can create one group that contains all the videos and audio. I can do this but then all the video clips appear in different multicam windows, which is too messy - what the editor wants if a grouped clip where all the videos appear in a single window separated by black for the sections where there is audio but no video. I hope that makes sense...

Is this possible? I'm a recent convert to AVID from Premiere and FCP so if I'm missing somethign obvious please let me know. Thanks!

• Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:58 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Re: grouping multiple single cam video clips with one long audio file

Hi MVNYC and welcome to the forums. Use the multigroup command instead of straight group. HTH

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Mar 19 2018 11:51 PM In reply to

• Alvin_B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 13 2014
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Re: grouping multiple single cam video clips with one long audio file

I am having exactly the same problem - have you been able to workaround it?

Thanks

Alvin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller