Latest post Fri, Mar 9 2018 2:49 PM by SR555. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 9 2018 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Adjust incoming black levels when capturing firewire?

If its terminated correctly the levels would be correct. If double terminated the levels would drop but so does the sync pulse so the resulting AtoD should be correct. If unterminated (unlikely) the signal gets larger and more contrasty but again so does the sync pulse so it should correct.

The analogue routes not the way to go unless you have kit with Proc amp controls and scopes.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Mar 9 2018 1:11 PM In reply to

• SR555
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 214
    • Points 2,395

Yes the analog is just not working - the footage is just not as good.

Seeing as more problems than I realized are in the original footage, I'm going to go back and look at that burned draft and refresh my memory about how bad it was.

I think I'm going ot get started trying to rebuild this in Premiere, which accepts the mpeg files and seemed to handle the footage stably to DVD.  But that was one clip; Premiere is really flaky so we'll see how it does with a whole project. 

I'd still like to conquer "the Avid", so Pat I'm curious about your dnx workflow considering this is SD, 30i project. Or what specifically you would do going to DVD.

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 9 2018 1:43 PM In reply to

Of course daft me DNx is only HD I'd use 3:1 for SD DVD content.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Mar 9 2018 2:49 PM In reply to

• SR555
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 214
    • Points 2,395

Ok - so going from VOB file on the hard drive, to ama, (or import if that's the case), to export, to DVD, how would you handle the field issues and so on?  Here was my workflow - would you do anything different?

___

VOB upper field to Avid DV lower field

Additional M4v and h264 files, progressive , not transcoded

AMA in all the files including the Avid DV to 30i 720x486 project, 16x9

(there was reverse stair stepping on the clips that AMA'd in, messing with teh field order in source settings didn't help -see the end of "I just can't solve this interlacing" thread for details)

Apply reformat to 4x3 clips, edit and etc

Mix down (created field artifacts all the way through)

So then exported DV Stream (took ages, but avoided the quicktime bug that covered it with vertical blinds)

16x9 square pixel

___

To Sorenson,

DVD ES, set the publish to go to a folder

4500  (or 6000 in some tests)

16x9, unconstrained, then 16x9 in  aspect setting on the top,  rest of settings default, no global crop deinterlace.

----

How would you modify this workflow for 3:1?  Thx =)

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller