Latest post Mon, Mar 12 2018 9:57 AM by jimmy23. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:45 PM

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 28 2014
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

Avid error – Exception: Movie export from procedures FAILED! errcode 4294965262

Hi guys,

I'm trying to export an Apple ProRes HQ and when I get to a certain point very early on in the export it comes up with this error. It's a single clip with a subtitle track and it also has a 5.1 audio track. 

I have read several posts about this error and I tried the "Video Mixdown" solution but it just came up with this error message; 

"SWDC_DodecInterface_Task;;Execute0
    CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [<idNum>]
    The media created to this point may be unusable and/or incomplete."

I tried exporting just the audio and it was fine, so it's something to do with the video. I exported it as "Same as Source" and it was fine, the problem is I need a ProRes. I also tried exporting a ProRes from this clip in Premiere and it worked without any issues. I could go with that but I'm not overly familiar with Premiere and it's subtitling so I'd prefer to try and solve it in Avid if I can. 

Cheers,

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:24 AM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 682
    • Points 8,030

Re: Avid error – Exception: Movie export from procedures FAILED! errcode 4294965262

@jimmy23: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Error_Message/Consistency-Check-Failure

jimmy23:
    I'm trying to export an Apple ProRes HQ and when I get to a certain point very early on in the export it comes up with this error. It's a single clip with a subtitle track and it also has a 5.1 audio track. 

The media attached to that clip's corrupt. You'll have to re-transcode, then re-insert it into your timeline.

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:28 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Points 860

Re: Avid error – Exception: Movie export from procedures FAILED! errcode 4294965262

Had this literally yesterday. I rendered all of my video-effects and one effect always remained unrendered. It was a corrupt transition.

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:42 PM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

@Isaac T

Apologies, I forgot to mention I'm exporting from an ama-linked ProRes file (the whole point of what I'm doing is adding a subtitle track), so there hasn't been any transcoding. 

What codec would I have to transcode to in order to minimise the loss of quality? Or is the fact that there's an issue with the ama-link going to prevent anything from happening?

Cheers,

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:18 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 682
    • Points 8,030

@jimmy23:

jimmy23:
    I'm exporting from an ama-linked ProRes file (the whole point of what I'm doing is adding a subtitle track), so there hasn't been any transcoding. 

When the export fails, try this:

1. Open the Console (⌘ + 6) and MC should tell you which clip is bad. More accurately, it'll point you directly to the media (e.g. MXF) that made your export fail. 

2. Open that MXF in VLC (http://www.videolan.org/) and locate it in your timeline. Like derDoyle said, it could even be a corrupt transition or effect.

3. Depending on what you find, try these before re-exporting:

a. Remove and re-apply the effect or transition.

b. Delete the clip from your timeline and re-insert it over AMA.

jimmy23:
    Or is the fact that there's an issue with the ama-link going to prevent anything from happening?

I'll draw the ire of the community, but never rely on AMA / Linking as your source media. Always transcode transcode to the appropriate Avid-based codec before you begin a project. 

jimmy23:
    What codec would I have to transcode to in order to minimise the loss of quality?

Depends on your flavor ProRes.

Do this:

1. Open one of your source ProRes MOV's in QuickTime.

2. Do a [Get Info] and look at the "Format".

3. Find that format in this document, "About Apple ProRes": https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202410. Take note of the "target data rate" (e.g. ProRes 422 = 147 Mbps).

4. Click on one of these Avid docs:

a. DNxHD White Paper (pp. 9, 10): https://www.avid.com/~/media/avid/files/whitepaper-pdf/dnxhd.pdf?la=en. Take note of the column "Mbps" (MegaBITS per second).

b. DNxHR Codec Bandwidth Specifications: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/white_paper/DNxHR-Codec-Bandwidth-Specifications. Take note of the column "Data rate in MB/s for specified frame rate (exact value)" (MB/s = MegaBYTES per second. 1 MegaByte = 8 Megabits. Take the number in this column for your project frame rate and resolution and convert it from Megabytes to Megabits.)

5. Match your source ProRes MOV's Target Data Rate and frame size to the desired Avid codec's data rate and frame size. The desired codec is dependent on your project.

6. Select all clips, transcode, then re-insert into your timeline.

Sorry. I wish it were easier.

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 5:04 PM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

"Sorry I wish it were easier"
    It wouldn't be the AVID we know and love if it was Wink

Just to make sure that I'm taking the transcoding route correctly.
    The ProRes that I have been ama-linking to has a data rate of 189.31 Mbit/s

So according to the DNxHR White Paper link you sent me, the best option would be to go for the Avid DNxHD 175 as that gives me a Mbps of 176, which is the closest match. I know that DNxHD 350x has a Mbps of 352 but that seems a bit excessive? Or is there a way to adjust it so that is specifically meets the ProRes' data rate? 

• Wed, Mar 7 2018 7:04 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 682
    • Points 8,030

@jimmy23:

jimmy23:
    The ProRes that I have been ama-linking to has a data rate of 189.31 Mbit/s

jimmy23:
    So according to the DNxHR White Paper link you sent me, the best option would be to go for the Avid DNxHD 175 as that gives me a Mbps of 176, which is the closest match.

If that's what's available in your project, correct.

Best way to test: pick your most visually complex shot (think Bourne Ultimatum chase scene) and transcode that. Sounds like you picked the right one with DNxHD 175, but this way you'll know for sure.

Quick Note: DNxHD <Number> = the data rate of that codec. So:

• DNxHD 175 = data rate of 175 Mbps (MegaBITS per second), 8-bit color depth

And if you see an "x" after the number, that codec has 10-bit color depth support. So:

• DNxHD 175x = same data rate, but 10-bit color depth

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:57 AM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

So I tried to transcode it and it processed for all of 5 seconds before coming up with this error message again; 
    "SWDC_CodecInterface_Task;;Execute0
    CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [<idNum>]"

I went into the console and this is what it says;

"
    DecodeFrame error: ProResCodec ERROR DECODER IN DECODE PROCESS

ProResCodec: Decode Error -28

Decode frame failed.

CChannel: error: CMError_Codec, function Execute, line 250, internal codec error string: ProResCodec ERROR DECODER IN DECODE PROCESS

DecodeFrame error: ProResCodec ERROR DECODER IN DECODE PROCESS

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE, className:SWDC_CodecInterface_Task, methodName:Execute, mDecodeResult:2

FileDebugDump - bad sample: 586, length: 977296 bytes, starting offset: 0x15a99f88 in file: /Volumes/PETRUCCI 6TB_2018/2018 FEATURES/Becoming Animal /MASTERS/BecomingAnimal_PRHQ-1080-25p_51ci_180214.mov

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception Exception: std::exception, what:CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE raised Quiescing in the exception handlerDIDRMapperHelperSegmented::ClearAllMappers: 0 Cleared: 1 Still Alive

Exception:

@ Thu Mar 8 09:49:14 2018"

It seems that this is an issue that can't be fixed and I'd need to request a new ProRes file to work with?

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:11 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Points 860

Did you try a Fast Import to rule out AMA as a problem?

Only out of curiosity, consolidation does not work and brings the same error?

Which version of MC do you work with?

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:38 AM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

Am currently trying a fast import as I type, will see if that works.

EDIT: No issue during the import, but again when I tried to export it, I got the same error [:'(]

I'm using 8.6.4.

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:07 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 682
    • Points 8,030

@jimmy23: try transcoding the clip outside of Media Composer using Compressor or MPEG Streamclip. Transcode to your project’s desired data rate and codec, then import it. Not AMA + transcode, but import. Should be a Fast Import if it matches yoir project.

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:37 PM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Points 860

Could be the file, could be your version of MC.

In MC8.7 was a Bug-Fix for transcoding/consolidating ProRes-Files and I can remember some strange behaviour in early versions regarding ProRes.

If it's possible, request a new file, maybe a DNxHD185X-file and if possible as .mxf not .mov, so you don't need to import anymore. Depends on the system the file is coming from.

If I were you, I wouldn't invest more time in re-encoding the whole file unless you have to. Depends on your position for this project.

MPEG Streamclip is slow as hell and with re-encoding you lose quality, could create shiftings in color, lose time and so on.

• Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:07 PM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

I think it's the file. I've gone through this process with numerous other ProRes' and there hasn't been this issue. I will try updating my Avid just to make sure though as the ProRes was sourced externally and I would have to request a new one. 

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 9:57 AM In reply to

• jimmy23
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 60
    • Points 725

So it was the file that was the issue. I rechecked it and there was a 'blink and you miss it' glitch very early on where some distorted pixels appear for literally a frame. I've requested a new ProRes so hopefully that will fix it.

Apologies for wasting people's time. Your advice was very much appreciated though as I now know steps I can take the next time it happens!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller