Latest post Fri, Mar 2 2018 6:00 PM by Laffal. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 28 2018 10:02 AM

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 26 2010
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Best XDCAM XAVC WORKFLOW

Hi All,

I have installed NABLET AMA PlugIn XAVC, does anyone know which is the fast workflow to create a H264 content from XDCAM footage?

Any idea will be appreciated

Thx a lot & BR

MEDIA COMPOSER 8.6.5 SYS ON DELL PRECISION 7910 - AUDIO CARD: IDT - VIDEO CARD: NVIVIA QUADRO K4200 [view my complete system specs]

Thx a lot & BR

Alberto Laffi

• Wed, Feb 28 2018 2:33 PM In reply to

Re: Best XDCAM XAVC WORKFLOW

Edit the footgae and export?

iMac i5 27", 32GB RAM, OS 10.14.6 with Symphony 2019.8, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.12.6 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Wed, Feb 28 2018 5:38 PM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

For Edit and especially for Export

Thx

MEDIA COMPOSER 8.6.5 SYS ON DELL PRECISION 7910 - AUDIO CARD: IDT - VIDEO CARD: NVIVIA QUADRO K4200 [view my complete system specs]

Thx a lot & BR

Alberto Laffi

• Thu, Mar 1 2018 5:35 AM In reply to

• tpowell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 10 2014
    • Posts 36
    • Points 415

My workflow is to edit, either AMA if I am doing a doc with fewer tracks and lots of footage, or transcode if I am doing multicam or lots of effects, then do a video mixdown to the resolution/format to which I will be delivering. For example, I shoot on XAVC, transcode or edit AMA, then do a video mixdown to ProRes, since that is a common delivery format. I then cut in the mixdown on the top track, and export Same As Source. This eliminates the Quicktime gamma/color shift problem, and for some reason, is faster than exporting directly to ProRes without the mixdown. I have been doing this for many years, and it seems to be a preferred workflow from many of the other "oldtimers."

Hope this helps!

Tim.

• Fri, Mar 2 2018 6:00 PM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Thx TIM,

I would try :)

BR

Thx a lot & BR

Alberto Laffi

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller