Latest post Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:44 PM by ebatalha. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 25 2018 4:24 PM

• ebatalha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 20 2015
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Interplay/Media Indexer reindexing cycle

Hi!

Some weeks ago our system - Interplay and Media Indexer - started to reindex the full database! This happens every single day (7/7) at 01:00AM and it finishes the task around 10:00AM. This is happening automatically and we don't know why or how or what is the cause!

Does anyone here have any clue or suggestion so I can check any parameter in our system?

Our tech specs are:

- clients: Macs, running El Capitan, Media Composer 8.5.3, Interplay 3.5.0.50345, ISISClientManager 4.7.10.16250.

- ISIS5500

If any other detail is needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Filed under: ,
  • Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:13 PM In reply to

Re: Interplay/Media Indexer reindexing cycle

Hi ebatalha,

I know it may sound weird but your media indexer is supposed to do that and it should have done it every night from day one after you set it up.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 10:44 PM In reply to

• ebatalha
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 20 2015
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Re: Interplay/Media Indexer reindexing cycle

Hi Jeroen van Eekeres,

Thanks for your reply.

That's really weird because it never happened. There are two mainly threads over the Media Indexer interface that we can watch and it's there where whenever somebody creates media it scans and it indexes, on the fly, and we can see it. There's no reason to restart the indexing process of the whole database every night,  just in my opnion. This system is running more than 3 years now and this "issue" never happened before, there's something that's triggering the Media Indexer… It looks like when we restart the server…

Also, in my opnion, this should not be happening because by the morning no one can work because Media Indexer is still reindexing, the consequences? We get media offline until these files enter at some point the database queue and are finally indexed and this could take 40 minutes.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller