Latest post Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:28 AM by luca.mg. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:45 AM

• jberrr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 12 2017
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Duplicate Tape Name/Timecode Issue - Media switching in Timeline

Hello,

Before I begin: running Avid MC 8.4.4 in an Interplay environment with shared Nexis storage.

Am currently experiencing an issue where we have different media with the same tape name and timecodes that crossover. This is causing the media in timelines to switch from the correct media to the wrong media. This is usually triggered by opening certain bins, or dragging media assets out of the Interplay Window.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? If I was to modify the tape name of the original source file(s) so the tape name was unique - would this affect the assets in Interplay and in seqs in other shared projects?

This issue is relatively new - projects have been using this media without issue for around 6 months. However, a reindex of the workspace was completed on our Media Indexer and we have been experiencing this problem ever since.

Any thoughts?

Jonathan

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:11 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Re: Duplicate Tape Name/Timecode Issue - Media switching in Timeline

Is this media actually coming from tape, or the tape name has been added at a later stage, or coming from Resolve created MXF files?

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:27 PM In reply to

• jberrr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Hi - media has been created by a stream recording system called Quadrus. The files are created by an MXF writing library application which creates the tape name. The media is not from the Avid capture tool etc...

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:38 PM In reply to

I would go into access, go in advanced click get/set property and compare SOURCE MOB ID and Name fields between the clips. You might see that the SOURCE MOD ID is identical between media that has no relationship.

If other aspects of the media like duration also match you can see this behavior, especially if dynamic relink is enabled. 

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:19 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Is this an offline gig, or You're working in high res?

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:47 PM In reply to

• jberrr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Offline - working with 10:1 SD media

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:49 PM In reply to

• jberrr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Hi,

Had a look, durations are equal but SOURCE MOB IDs are not. Dynamic relink was on at some point in the project I believe.

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:30 PM In reply to

And the name field?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:28 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

Please full details about the workflow, for a start, where are the 10:1 mxf files from? 

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller