Latest post Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:52 PM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 18 2018 8:01 PM

• SR555
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 214
    • Points 2,405

media creation changes back to dv25, will that affect my ama footage?

Quick question.

I've been trying to keep the sequence at dv50 but it's constantly changing back to dv25.  I understand that this is a bug.

So I just relinked a number of ama files.   Realized it had flipped back again.  Went in and changed the Media Creation setting to dv50.   Assuming all is well, but has this change affected my footage?  I've been getting terrible exports but that's a loooong topic in another thread.   

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 19 2018 10:43 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,486
    • Points 64,375

Re: media creation changes back to dv25, will that affect my ama footage?

DV25 has reversed field order, that might be the cause of terrible exports. If it's only linked clips the media creation settings should have no effect, You're actually playing back the original footage, can't tell if You might have horrible playback though; if You linked and transcoded You should double check whether the resulting clips are DV25 or DV50.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:16 PM In reply to

• SR555
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 28 2013
    • Posts 214
    • Points 2,405

Interesting Luca.  DV25 ntsc has a different field order than DV50?  So then to clarify, DV 25 NTSC is upper?  I thought all DV formats were lower field?

My source settings said lower field, however, I re-transcoded everything to dv50 progressive to see if that would help. Still assessing that.   The mpegs however started out as upper field and were transcoded to DV50.  So the source clips are Dv50, now progressive. 

There's a much longer thread about the quality issues but the thread has been idle for a few days so I'm not any further along.

That bug is really annoying.  It switches constantly and definitely with every reboot.  It's easy to forget to reset it.  I had to re-do a bunch of motion effects clips yesterday to re-render them at dv50 due to this.

Avid Media Composer 7, Macbook Pro Retina, Mountain Lion [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:52 PM In reply to

Thats why I said avoid DV at all costs. Too complicated!

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller