Latest post Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:14 AM by camoscato. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 16 2018 6:19 PM

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 45
    • Points 485

Blue Bin Lock Status Indicator

An editor showed me something new today.  All his opened bins showed blue Bin Lock Indicators.  The bin tabs said "Lock Available".  He could not save the bins, and instead had to do a save as.  There were NO .lck files in his project and no other editors were listed as having the bins open.

I can't find anything on blue locks or making locks available.

Media Composer v2018.1 on (17) 27" Core i7 Quad-core iMacs with 16GB RAM and (8) HP Compaq Elite 8200 Core i5-2500 with 16GB RAM and nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:40 PM In reply to

Re: Blue Bin Lock Status Indicator

This was added in 8.10.

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/WhatsNew_MediaComposer_v8.10.pdf

"A new bin lock icon color (blue) has been added that indicates that the owner of the shared bin lock has released the lock and the bin is now available for read/write. If you click the blue icon, you now control the bin and the icon turns green. You can make changes in the bin until you release the lock or close the bin."

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:04 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 45
    • Points 485

Thank you. I searched the version 8 editing documentation and did a general Google search, but found nothing.  Next time I see something I've never seen before, I'll check the What's New docs.

Media Composer v2018.1 on (17) 27" Core i7 Quad-core iMacs with 16GB RAM and (8) HP Compaq Elite 8200 Core i5-2500 with 16GB RAM and nVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 20 2018 9:46 PM In reply to

• RickP
    • Not Ranked
    • Cleveland, OH
    • Posts 45
    • Points 485

Another new feature just bit two of my editors.  Who knew you could mute entire tracks in a sequence?  (Ansewer: Someone who reads the "What's New" documentation.)

• Wed, Feb 21 2018 6:14 AM In reply to

RickP:

Another new feature just bit two of my editors.  Who knew you could mute entire tracks in a sequence?  (Ansewer: Someone who reads the "What's New" documentation.)

It's a whole new world! :)

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller