Latest post Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:54 PM by ck123. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 7 2018 2:04 PM

• jyad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 13 2010
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Hmm [^o)] 9 time 50 clicks to install the plugins

Can you please do something about your update process for it to become more automatic.

Immagine the time wasted just installing the updated plugins or just the plugins for the first time:

Update (click)- Install (click) - continue (click)- continue (click)- Continue (click)- agree (click)- install (click) - Install software (password ... let's hope it's not a very long one) (Click)- Close (click)

Do That 50 TIMES...

Please can Avid and protools developpers realise there is something definitely wrong up here ... Thank you for taking this request into consideration.

• Wed, Feb 7 2018 2:15 PM In reply to

Re: 9 time 50 clicks to install the plugins

jyad:

Please can Avid and protools developpers realise there is something definitely wrong up here ... Thank you for taking this request into consideration.

Hi there, This is the Avid video forum.  The audio forum is here:

http://duc.avid.com/
    Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Feb 7 2018 7:54 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • Posts 121
    • Points 1,550

Re: 9 time 50 clicks to install the plugins

I feel the comment is valid here for this forum a this applies to the Avid Application Manager install/update process which is identical for Media Composer and Protools. The plug-ins installed through the Application Manager can be installed for both products.

I too have often thought it unnecessary that I have to click update and then click install. Both mean the same thing to the end user. Click once and be done.

Thank you.

HP Z400, z220, and z420 workstations with 8GB of RAM and nVidia Quadro 2000 graphics cards. Windows 7 64-bit SP1. ISIS 5000 4.2. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller