Latest post Tue, Feb 6 2018 9:54 PM by Shafton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 6 2018 6:07 PM

• Shafton
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Southfield
    • Posts 32
    • Points 400

can't open Media Composer first

Installed first on Surface tablet works fine with potable HD, but I switched DR, now first won't open. Getting error that it can't access drive E. Why can't I access drives or swap out with first?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 6 2018 7:09 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: can't open Media Composer first

Because it wants to access drive C: Internal drive.....    The installation process adds a Media Composer | First icon to the Desktop icon and a pointer to your Avid editing application in the Start menu ( which is tied to c: drive. The installation process also adds an Application Manager icon to the Toolbar menu. The Application Manager allows you to view the installed Avid applications..........

And are you logged in to your MY Avid?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Feb 6 2018 9:54 PM In reply to

• Shafton
    • Not Ranked
    • Southfield
    • Posts 32
    • Points 400

Re: can't open Media Composer first

I installed the software on the C: All of my media is on a external drive. Avid keeps asking for that external drive. 

Exception: Can't create a directorydef42759\, as one of the folders in path below has insufficient permissions, path:E:\

Yes I am logged into my account.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller