Latest post Mon, Jan 29 2018 10:11 PM by jef. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 26 2018 10:21 PM

• xaler
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 26 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Transferring Files and AAF from one Avid to Another

Hi everyone, this is my first post and first time on this forums.

I have been using AVID at my school last year and am now wanting to continue using AVID at home. My memory is quite rusty as I havent touched AVID in around 2 months. I recently downloaded a trial version of Media Composer in order to finish a short film I was working on.

I grabbed all the raw footage and the Avid Media Files (mxf) and an avb. file (I was quite certain it was an AAF or I grabbed an AAF but I cant seem to locate it, is this an issue)?

I haven't done this before so excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering how I would go about setting this up and importing it properly?

Please help

Thank you for your time!

• Mon, Jan 29 2018 10:11 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,258
    • Points 39,540

Re: Transferring Files and AAF from one Avid to Another

An .avb file is an Avid bin.  It should have the the name of the bin before the .avb.  So you can put that .avb file into the current Avid project you are working with and it will then be openable.

But that is s NOT an AAF file.  Such a file will have a .aaf extension.

And the .avb bin you have may not be what you want.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller